Sunday 12 September 2010

Kristen 'Had' To Do Twilight


Kristen Stewart reveals that she didn't really have much of a choice when it came to playing the iconic Bella Swan in Twilight.

The 20-year-old actress told Stylist magazine that while she didn't have a big career plan set in her mind when she accepted the major role of Bella, she did feel compelled to sign on for the vampire flick:

It's hard to define exactly why I choose projects, and it's not like I had this brilliant foresight that Twilight would be big. I can only do something I feel like I have to. There's not really a whole lot of choice, but at the same time, I don't have some grand scheme.
Meanwhile, KStew tells the magazine that she also feels compelled to be an actress because she has a lot of "pent-up energy:"

It would be very frustrating [to not be an actress]. I'm not good at anything else. I'm bad with my hands. I can't make stuff. Acting is so self-indulgent and self-reflective and we just think about people and how they deal with one another. That's probably what I'd continue to do! I'd be the over-analytical girl who writes.
Maybe Kristen's feeling of kinship with writers has to do with why she took up a role in On the Road, which is based on Jack Kerouac's beat novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment