Tuesday 1 March 2011

Robert Pattinson Talks About K-Stew, Shakespeare & “Two and a Half Men”



Robert Pattinson’s new April 2011 Vanity Fair cover story is here!


The Twilight star, who posed with an alligator around his shoulders, opens up about Kristen Stewart; what made him cry while filming Water for Elephants; how stardom messed with his head and a lot more.


“Even before I knew her, I thought she was a really good actress,” Pattinson says of Stewart.


“Like, I saw Into the Wild, and I thought she was really good in that. I still think there are very few girls in her class that are as good as she is. It’s funny that she’s the one doing this huge thing [Twilight].”


As for how he spends his downtime, Pattinson reveals, in typical self-deprecating fashion, “I’m just so boring… I never change the channel in my trailer.”


“I just watch reruns of ‘House of Payne’ and ‘Two and a Half Men.’ I love ‘Cops’ – I think it’s my favorite TV show,” adds the actor. “God… I sound like such a loser.”


About the possibility of acting in a Shakespeare play, he joked, “If I did that now, I’d get assassinated. Everyone would be like, What the f**k?”


On the elephant in his upcoming film Water For Elephants, he said, “She was the best actor I ever worked with in my life. I cried when the elephant was wrapped. I never cried when anyone else was wrapped [completed shooting].”


Meanwhile, Pattinson worries about the effects of massive fame on his psyche. “I don’t know what’s wrong with me… my brain doesn’t work anymore. I haven’t any memory. I can’t write. All I can do is sign my name,” he laments.


“I tried to write the other day – it looked like I was writing in Braille.”


Fame has other odd consequences, observes Pattinson. “Like, trying to socialize with people. There’s this cautiousness about people which I just find really weird.”


“Or I’ll be walking down the street, and people’ll be like, ‘F**k you!’” laughs the star. “And I get a lot of people wanting to beat me up. Men in bars and stuff. I just leave.”


Pattinson is happy to have a role in Cosmopolis, which will be a major departure from his Twilight role. “That’s the thing I was worried about, that people wouldn’t take me seriously enough to do movies like that, and I just got one [referring to Cosmopolis].” The star’s other future pursuits include writing a script based on a Lillian Hellman novel.


For more, check out the full interview in Vanity Fair, on newsstands March 3.


Source: GossipCop

No comments:

Post a Comment